Monday, January 10, 2011

More birds!




We've got a ton of snow, roads are closed, as is work! Hurrah! So, time for more birds!

I've got a mix of yarns here. Some Red Heart, some Lion Brand Jiffy, and some Vanna's Choice. Red Heart is definitely my least favorite. It just feels yucky!

I don't have yarn for the background yet. It seems that most people who have made this use white for the background. I'd really rather some other color. Most of my birds are blue, so I'm not sure how a blue sky background would look. I did find one person who use a baby blue for the background, with one blue bird (others were purple, red, and green). I think it looks pretty good. So, plan is to find a light baby blue for the background! Whenever it stops snowing, that is!

And, are my birds getting bigger?

I originally had six blues, but I'm running dangerously low on one of the blues (the gray blue). I have some of the blue/green left from my sampler that I could use for the wings on one of the birds. I decided that since I'm down a color, I won't do bird inverses (torquiose bird with navy wings/tail and a navy bird with torquiose wings/tail).

Most of the blues are leftovers from other projects. The gray blue was from a sheep afghan, the colonial from a LEGO mini-fig afghan, the navy from a Penn State scarf, the royal from a heart afghan, and the delft was leftover from some Special Olympics scarfs that I made. That's some yarn stash busting!

Plan:
1. Torquiose w/Navy
2. Royal w/Delft
3. Gray w/Colonial
4. Navy w/Royal
5. Colonial w/Torquiose
6. Delft w/Green

I've got one blue multi-colored from a sock project. But none of my socks are turning out right. It's a thinner yarn, maybe it would make a cute baby bird? Or maybe I should make a worm? First things first, make the six birds! Two more to go.

BONUS: They've closed work for tomorrow, too. So I should be able to get the last two birds done. Then I can decide what "bonus" critters to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment